Thursday, March 29, 2012

There may have been no sewing....

but instead there has been some fabric shopping!
I'm making myself an hst quilt out of solids. I've cut the hst's pretty small so I needed a bit more fabric. It's from Spotlight, it feels ok but I've been warned the colours may run so this is going to need some serious colour catchers in the first few washes (when I eventually get to that stage!)


These were just too cute to pass by in the Spotlight sale


I think they would make such a cute little girls skirt or jacket lining (just need a little girl now!)

I'm trying to persuade my MIL to make loads of children's clothes and sell them at some lovely markets. I bought this voile thinking I could make up a few scarves to sell, this will be used in my prototype and will decide whether I should!


Hopefully some sewing will get done soon. Once we get our own place I will be able to be productive again, until then we are still enjoying the sunshine and beach











And digging sand!

5 comments:

VintageVicki said...

Of course there's been fabric shopping - we wouldn't expect anything else ;)

BTW saw the SewHip article last night - looks great :)

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous of your lovely beach views. Have you found a place to live yet?!

Cindy Sharp said...

Oh that little smile! It could melt steel.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Oh that's just what it look like on Worthing beach this week... in my dreams!

Katy Cameron said...

Fabric shopping? Surely not... ;o)