Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday's sewing space - my temporary one!

Well I thought that today I would just give you a very quick peak at my current and temporary space! It's actually my Mother In Laws studio and it's full to the brim of her things, she used to own a quilting shop and so she has heaps of things left from back then.
So when I manage to get a bit of sewing done, this is where I'm doing it



It's in need of a massive sort out so don't mind the mess (I will be the one to sort it as I can't work like this!)



Every colour cotton under the rainbow pretty much, so handy


Craft magazines!


Craft books. No excuses for not having any inspiration!


MIL's sewing machine, it's ok but I'm not getting on with it as well as my Janome, I may have to get her old one out, we will see.


Such a great sized space


Just a tiny part of her stash!!!


Now the exciting part - my fabric I brought with me. Boxes of fabric will be sent over at some point but this little suitcase contains what I brought over on the plane. My favourite things!


Can't go anywhere without a Kona colour chart!


Pretties! Some text fabrics and lovelies to use in the Sew Out Loud QAL when I find some time to get back to it


Lovely Lu Summers screen printed gorgeousness


Dusted off my farmers wife fabrics, I need to get the farmers wife back in my life


I packed in as much as I could!


And finally this pile is my first purchase from spotlight. Solids for a little something I have in mind. I wanted to buy the new DS range but need to wait until funds allow, I've seen it and it's so pretty!!!

So there is a peak for you, sorry about the photos they are all iPhone ones and not that hot!

Hopefully back with some sewing very soon!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

11 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Ooh, that's a nice space, I'd just move in if I were you... ;o)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Well that's a pretty damn good temporary space!!
Spotlight - soooooooooooooooooooo jealous!

Annabellouise said...

I'm very envious. What a lovely space.

VintageVicki said...

Wow what a place to work - all that space and supplies :)

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

Thanks for the peek Charlotte. Hope you are getting along well in Australia! xo

Cindy Sharp said...

Sweeeeeet!

Unknown said...

Looks like fun and making the most of a different situation/location. My sewing room is also our office and homeschool room and not nearly large enough for all 3...oh well, I still get something done!

Al said...

Such a gorgeous little space. And I absolutely adore that suitcase packed full of fabric!

Kathy said...

I have just one question: did you deliberately seek a husband with a mother who used to run a quilting shop or were you just lucky?
...................I wish I'd thought of that.........

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

Rock on Spotlight!!! I've got one just 5 minutes (10 in bad traffic) away from me... lucky for me, I say, my husband... well...

Finding Fifth said...

It's nice that you married into a quilting dynasty hehehe...I had to laugh at Jo's comment. Now that you need to put Farmer's Wife back on the menu...make sure that you look up 'The Farmer Wants a Wife' in Channel 9 sometime this year. It's a great series where Aussie farmers and city girls are matched and it's all a bit of fun and romance.