Friday, November 23, 2012

I love the Internet

I love how the Internet brings our fab community together and its because of this that I've had such a great morning.
Through Instagram and blogging and reading blogs I came across Claire at Patch Fabrics and Leanne Fanny from The Little House Martin. They are only 30mins drive from my mums house so off we went today to meet them!




They were so lovely and welcoming and the shop was gorgeous. Leanne works in the shop and has her screen printing studio upstairs. She was so kind to show us around and give me some great tips about getting started with screen printing.
Her work is so good, she designs beautiful patterns and then prints them in gorgeous colours. I couldn't leave without buying some!




I bought 4 of her panels and she gave me the cutest little packet that she had put together for me. It has the sweetest little print, a fabric covered button and some gorgeous little squares, all printed by her. She really was the absolute sweetest! You should definitely check out her Etsy shop.
Claire was lovely too, we all stood round and had a lovely natter, there was a group sewing upstairs and it was such a happy, creative space. Claire stocks a gorgeous range of fabrics as well as some really funky other bits and pieces. I couldn't resist buying these lovely bits




To top off a lovely morning, I came home to find my PTS9 parcel waiting for me! The lovely Lara from Lara's Theme had made me the most beautiful cushion, as well as including some super cute extras.




I love it so much, love Trip round the World and she chose such a brilliant colour scheme. The back is perfect too, how cool is this fabric?




I'm feeling so lucky today, the online craft community really is pretty amazing

4 comments:

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

our online community is truly fab and glad you got to have such a lovely meet up! Love Leanne's fabrics and obviously Claire stocks some excellent things ;-)

Liz DandeliondD said...

Aw, how wonderful today sounds.
I am so happy to have found this great online community, which has had such a positive effect on my creativity and thus happiness.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Sounds like a brilliant visit, and Lara sent you a Buzzy Bee!!! The pillow case is beautiful too xxx

Katy Cameron said...

Love our online community. Although my colleagues may have looked a tad incredulous that I'm going all the way to Northamptonshire this weekend for a bloggy friends' Christmas party, what do they know ;o)