Monday, April 30, 2012

At Last

I have quilt tops (yes plural!!!) to show you
I started making an hst quilt a while ago but didn't get to work on it much but since I've moved the sewing machine into the house I've managed to finish it and get another one done



Now in my excitement I photographed them before I pressed them so they look pretty dodgy but I think they are ok really (the grey isnt really gathered like the photo makes it look!)

So there is one each for my boys, big hst's for my big boy (he insists he is a big boy and there is trouble if anyone says differently! 3 yr olds definitely know their own mind!!!)


little hst's for my little Buddy



In our new house their bedroom is going to have a bit of a 'travel' theme, the orange in these reminds me of the colour you find in vintage maps which is why I chose it, and then mixed it with earthy browns, greys and a couple of blues.

I think Buddy's has ended up looking a bit 80's but I like it anyway. Now I just need to find the time and space to quilt them!



I do love hst's, do you?

9 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

These look wonderful - so glad you managed to get some big sewing time x

Annabellouise said...

Lovely to see you back and sewing! The quilts are beautiful.

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

just gorgeous, Charlotte...both of them! Love the colour combos and the HSTs are just stunning...you've inspired me, I must get on with mine!

Unknown said...

Wowee! Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Wowee! Gorgeous!

Sarah said...

Oh these are fab, love the colours you've picked!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Utterly beautiful! I love the colours, great tops!

lynsey said...

They are both lovely Charlotte, I love the colour combinations

Katy Cameron said...

They look fab! But please don't talk to me about HSTs lol